Johannes Gutenberg amazed the printing world by introducing the concept of movable type. Born in modern era, we are unaware of the hassles of older methods of punching wooden, ceramic or metallic letters on a medium. Science introduced unparalleled technological progressions, which made it possible to produce printed publications in mass with absolute perfection. There are many variations in present-time publication methods. This helps corporate organizations, business conglomerates and other individuals to choose something that serves their purpose and goes light on investment.
Each type of printing has its own specifications. While one exceeds in terms of quality, another might be highly affordable. You need to understand the features of these printing techniques to select the best for your case.
Offset Printing: Still a competitor in the printing market
- This old lithographic process creates distinct images and letters at low price. The printing process is based on the repulsive concept of oil and water.
- The roller plate which contains the design layout is run through water and ink. While ink adheres to the areas which contain image and texts, the non-printed area pulls water towards itself.
- The printing takes place in less time and allows bulk production for challenged tenures.
- As there is no contact between the plate and the printing medium, the roller plates can be used for a long time.
- The only disadvantage is that, once the layout of the visual and print surface is made on the plate, it cannot be altered if required.
With the capacity to provide orders in huge volumes order offset printing to obtain research journals, novels, catalogues and books.
Web Printing: Offset technology revolutionized
- Web printing or web offset printing, as the name suggests is an improved side of offset printing and is distinctively different from individual sheet or sheet-fed offset printing.
- In the latter, individual pages of specified size are introduced in the printing machine one by one. This makes it suitable for limited number of prints.
- Whereas in web-printing large roll of paper continuously stream through the printer to obtain print-outs in large quantities. The printed roll is then cut and separated into individualized paper.
- The speed of this process makes it one of the most recommended techniques by printing companies, when the output is required to be obtained in elephantine amount.
Web printing is the best choice for high quantity publication of Brochures, Flyers, Postcards, Magazines or Books.
Digital Printing: Innovative side of printing world
- Digital printing is the process of producing images of objects in digitized manner on a physical surface.
- If an image is the dominating element of your layout, then digital printing is the most fitting process to obtain the required effect.
- After the initial print settings are fixed, there is no need of man power in this printing technique as print-outs in paper are obtained from the printer connected to the computer. High-quality and fast printing is executed by the computer.
- As the printing takes place directly between the desktop or laptop and the printer, the entire process takes places abruptly and fast.
The brilliant graphic quality makes it exorbitantly expensive but you can select digital printing for small magazines, postcard making and business cards.
Veterans in the printing industry have mastered these technological variations. While your company or business already has too many deadlines to meet, forwarding responsibilities of printing materials to expert hands is one wise decision.