It is said: “First impression is the last impression.” The same is applicable for your work place and business. Your website is the first thing that potential clients will notice when they view your products and services for a few seconds. This will create a lasting impression in their minds about you and your business. Often people evaluate a book by seeing the cover and you get only one shot to create the first impression. Luckily, there are several tricks to draw attention of customers to see your professionally designed business cards. Read on to know some considerations when printing visiting cards for your need.
• Color and size: You will have to select a good printer before designing your business card. Know the size you want to print and if the printer supports all kinds of file. Common size of these cards are 84mm x 55mm, which means the right document for working is 1039 x 697 pixels. Make sure the images you use have a least resolution of 300dpi for providing high quality result. It is always good to work on CMYK (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black) which is used in color printing than RGB (Red, Green and Blue) mode that works in white or light background.
• Avoid borders: Try to avoid using borders for visiting card design. Although they may appear good, yet you may possibly have “lop-sided” edges when these cards are cut. Usually, printers have an edge to make business cards perfect and as such, you may expect some difference in the place where blade falls. The borders will disappear when the blades are not cut at the right place and this will make a big difference on the design of your visiting card.
• Pick complementary shades: You should pick shades that are attractive and pleasing. Adding bold and bright shades may make the business card unique from others. Other than creating exclusive visiting card, you need to keep the color scheme consistent in your website, email signature and social media accounts to develop your professional image. You will find various tools available online for creating the perfect color scheme.
• Make the text readable: Text is often overlooked when designing these cards. Make sure the text is 8 pt in bold color and readable font. You may try to highlight your name or contact details by increasing the size of the font and making it bold than other information.
• Add important details: Add important information on your business card that clients look for. Some details that should be included are – your name, business profile, phone number, email and work address, social media profiles, etc. Homogeneity establishes your distinct identity. More people come to know about your business, identify easily and later may even become your potential customers.
Above guidelines will help design your visiting card in the most professional way. Spread the word with an impact. So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and design an outstanding business card right away.